How to create a DJ chart on Traxsource
In today's digital music landscape, creating a DJ chart can be more than just showcasing your favorite tunes. On platforms like Traxsource, it can also be a strategic move to grow your personal brand within the House Music ecosystem. Not only does a well-curated DJ chart reflect your musical taste, but it also increases your exposure and potentially your sales. Here's a breakdown on how to craft and optimize your Traxsource DJ charts to enhance your chances of being featured.
Creating a Traxsource DJ chart
1. Log in to Traxsource. Hover over the 'MY TRAXSOURCE' tab and select 'My Charts' from the drop-down menu.
2. Click the orange 'New Chart' button.
3. Assign a title for your chart and click the green 'Save' button.
4. As you browse the site and find tracks you'd like to include, expand the player by pressing 'P' on your keyboard or clicking the blue '/' icon at the top right.
5. Click 'Add To My Chart' and select your desired chart. Remember, a standard chart has 10 tracks.
6. Once satisfied, go to 'My Traxsource', then 'My Charts' and select the chart you wish to view/share.
7. Share your masterpiece! Copy the URL or use the direct Facebook and Twitter buttons to share.
Tips to enhance feature chances
Diversify your track selection: While it's tempting to favor one artist or label, diversifying your track choices can increase your chart's appeal. Avoid over-representing yourself or any single artist. Highlight new tunes or lesser-known tracks from other artists in the scene.
Image is everything: Though we're told not to judge a book by its cover, visual appeal matters. Here are some image guidelines for your DJ chart:
- Opt for portrait-style or press-kit photos. A quality mobile photo, whether of you DJing or just enjoying the moment, works wonders.
- Steer clear of graphically altered images—no logos, filters, or text overlays.
- Maintain a clean look that contrasts well with release sections. Avoid using cover artwork as it might disrupt the platform's visual flow.
- Ensure images are in JPG format, RGB color mode, and square-shaped with a minimum resolution of 600 x 600 pixels.
Keep it fresh with different photos: Variety keeps things exciting. Rotate your photos and use a unique image for every DJ chart you create.
Craft a catchy title: Your chart's title can grab attention. There's no need to include your name, as it's automatically featured. Think outside the box and make it intriguing.
With these tips in hand, you're geared up to make your mark on Traxsource and potentially catch the eye of the platform and its vast user base. Whether you're a seasoned artist or just starting out, making the most of these features can propel your music journey forward.