Why third-party compilations are essential for artists!
When navigating the ever-changing landscape of the music industry, it's important to take advantage of every opportunity that can help your music be heard by potential fans. One such opportunity that many artists may not be familiar with, but should definitely be aware of, is the concept of third-party compilations.
What is a third-party compilation?
In its simplest form, a third-party compilation is a curated collection of tracks by various artists that is compiled and published by a third party. This third party may be, for example, a record label, music distributor, or any other music industry entity. These compilations often follow a theme - perhaps they are dedicated to a particular genre, mood, or event.
Why should artists care?
- Your tracks nestled next to renowned artists: Imagine having your song featured alongside tracks from some of the biggest names in your genre. Not only does it lend credibility to your music, but it also introduces your sound to fans who already appreciate the genre.
- Increased discovery chance: Every time your track appears on a compilation, it's another chance for someone new to stumble upon your music. Compilations often have a broader reach than individual artist albums, especially if they're curated by well-known entities.
- Additional profit: Every stream or purchase of the compilation that features your track translates to royalties. This can be over and above what you would normally make from streams of your individual albums or singles.
The dig dis! advantage
For those who distribute their music through dig dis!, the world of third-party compilations opens up in a special way. Here's how:
- Opportunity for feature: dig dis! offers artists the chance to have their tracks automatically included in these compilations. This means more exposure, more credibility, and of course, more profits.
- Right to refuse: As empowering as the opportunity is, dig dis! ensures artists maintain control. If, for any reason, you do not want your track to be included in a specific compilation, you always have the possibility to refuse.
- Create your own compilations: dig dis! takes it a step further with its own kompile! tool. You can curate your own third-party compilations, giving you another avenue to showcase your musical taste, network with fellow artists, and reach a broader audience.
In an era where music discovery is predominantly digital and playlists dominate listeners' choices, third-party compilations are the unsung heroes. They provide a platform, a stage, and an audience. Whether you're an emerging artist looking to make your mark or an established name exploring new avenues, third-party compilations, especially with partners like dig dis!, can be the game-changer you've been waiting for.