How to best promote your music on Beatport
In this post we are talking about Beatport! The DJ Shop offers many possibilities to promote your tracks and music. In the following we will show you what you can do.
Feature and banner possibility with Beatport Hype
Beatport Hype is a monthly subscription where you can promote your upcoming releases for feature and banner support. This is a great way to get featured even as a small label, as you don't have to compete with the well known artists. We also talked about it in more detail in one of our recent blog posts, feel free to check it out here.
Create DJ playlists on Beatport (DJ Chart)
Beatport Charts are a great way to promote the music you have released. Also to showcase all the great tracks you play in your sets.
- Create a DJ user account.
- Then create a DJ profile and enter a DJ name. Choose a URL for your DJ profile and fill out the rest of the profile by adding a profile picture, a short bio and other information.
- After that you’re ready to make your new DJ Chart. Give it a name and upload a high quality cover artwork. Please make sure you select a new artwork and not one of your previous releases, otherwise the playlist will not be featured on Beatport.
- In the chart view, you can drag and drop titles, remove them and even preview them until you're 100% satisfied with your section. You can also add tracks that are available for pre-order. Please consist of at least 20 unique tracks.
- In the end, don't forget to check your DJ chart carefully before submitting it, because once you publish it, you can't change it.
Feel free to request your DJ chart for a feature by filling out this form.
Show your performance skills and studio to Beatport's Instagram community
Under the hashtag #bpstudiojam you can find many short videos of producers jamming in their video. This is a great way to showcase your work and studio to your fans, and you can also share this insight with the world. There are some requirements you should follow:
- The video should be 30-90 seconds long
- Aspect ratio is 9:16 (vertical)
- The required file format is MP4
- Recommended resolution is 1080 x 1920
You can submit your video here.
By the way, you can already post your video on your own Instagram account, but don't forget to tag it with the hashtag #bpstudiojam.
These are 3 ways you can promote your music on Beatport. dig dis! is one of the few digital music distributors that delivers your music for free on Beatport! Through our close and long-standing relationship with Beatport, we can provide you with additional features and tools that will help you to increase your label's performance on the platform. All you need to do is to sign up for free with us here.